HPEC with NVIDIA Ampere GPU and ConnectX-7 SmartNIC
- NVIDIA RTX™ GA104 GPU with 5888 CUDA Cores, 184 Tensor Cores, 46 RT Cores
- NVIDIA ConnectX-7 provides the module with up to 100GbE Ethernet and PCIe Gen5 switch
- 16 GB GDDR6 256-bit memory with up to 512 GB/s
- Module power: 80-170W, configurable
The VPX3U-A4500E-CX7 HPEC module includes an NVIDIA RTX™ A4500 embedded GPU and a ConnectX SmartNIC. The A4500 embedded GPU provides advanced processing capabilities for high performance embedded computing (HPEC) and artificial intelligence (AI) processing. The ConnectX-7 provides the Ethernet and PCIe connectivity needed to move large datasets efficiently.
The NVIDIA Ampere architecture includes CUDA cores for HPEC, 3rd generation Tensor cores for AI and data science computations, and 2nd generation Ampere Ray Tracing (RT) cores for visually accurate rendering. The Ampere architecture introduces support for PCIe Gen 4, improvements to memory handling, and improvements to warp scheduling, which all optimize the way data is distributed for processing. The Ampere GPU is very power efficient, delivering significantly more performance per watt compared to previous generations.
The NVIDIA ConnectX-7 SmartNIC provides PCIe and Ethernet connectivity. ConnectX-7 is ideal for the high-speed, secure, data transfer capabilities required for data-heavy tasks such as sensor data processing and other C5ISR tasks. The ConnectX-7 also provides support for RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), enabling the fastest method for transferring data across the network to the GPU.
WOLF-144L 3U VPX Board
WOLF modules come with factory configuration options to meet your requirements.
Contact WOLF to discuss MCOTS and custom design services if more extensive modifications are required.
- Ampere GPGPU parallel processing:
- CUDA Toolkit 11, CUDA Compute capability 8.6
- OpenCL™ 3.0, DirectX® 12 Ultimate, OpenGL 4.6, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan™ 1.2
- CUDA-X AI and CUDA-X HPEC libraires
- 184 Tensor Cores (3rd Gen)
- 46 Ray Tracing cores (2nd Gen)
- NVENC (7th Gen) and NVDEC (5th Gen) with up to 8K video encoding and hardware decoding support
CONNECTIVITY / SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- On-board IPMI controller for system management
- PCIe Gen5 configurable switch
- Switching is offloaded from the CPU to the ConnectX with NVIDIA ASAP2 technology
- Daisy Chain and NTB options
- Backplane Ethernet with 10/40/100 GBASE-KR4 and 10GBASE-KR data planes; supports GPUDirect RDMA
- Block-level hardware encryption and the use of dedicated encryption keys per user
- Windows and Linux drivers
MECHANICAL / OPEN SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE
- High level of ruggedization:
- Rugged Conduction cooled
- Operating temperature: Conduction cooled -40° to +85°C
- Vibration (sine wave): 10G peak, 5 - 2000Hz
- Shock: 40G peak for conduction cooled
- Dimensions: 160mm x 100mm x 25.4mm
- Weight (approximately): TBD
- SOSA Aligned options with depopulated P2 or P2B
- Support for SOSA 14.6.11 or 14.6.13 slot profile
Open the product datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.