Dual NVIDIA Tegra K1 HD-SDI Frame Grabber and CUDA Processing Engine
- Dual NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 Embedded APUs
- Dual WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) capture engines
- 4x HD-SDI Inputs & 4x HD-SDI Outputs
- APU accelerated H.264 encoding
- Operating power configurable hard cap: 20 - 40W
WOLF’s VPX3U-FGX-TK1-DUAL (WOLF-0339) is an image capture and processing module for aerospace and defense. It includes two NVIDIA Tegra K1 APUs, with a combined 10 ARM cores, 16GB low voltage DDR3L memory and 650 GFLOPS of CUDA processing using as little as 20 Watts.
The WOLF Frame Grabber eXtreme (FGX) provides four HD‑SDI (SMPTE‑292M) video capture channels. The captured data can be sent to the Tegra K1 for complex analysis and processing independent of the host system. The Tegra K1 can be used to perform precision-intensive operations, such as image processing, video stabilization, filtering, terrain analytics, 3D visualization of geospatial data, object recognition and tracking. The image data can be encoded as an H.264 transport stream and can be displayed as HD‑SDI or HDMI.
The standard configuration of this board offers asymmetrical multiprocessing capability only and does not provide PCIe connectivity with the host system. If a PCIe connection to the host system is required then WOLF can provide an alternate configuration of this board that employs a non-transparent bridge allowing a PCIe x2 Gen2 connection to the host system.
WOLF-0339 3U VPX Module
This product is currently in production as a COTS product with configurable options.
Contact WOLF to discuss your customization or MCOTS requirements.
- 2× NVIDIA Tegra K1 Embedded APU each with:
- 5 ARM processor cores
- 325 GFLOPS
- 192 CUDA cores
- 32 GB embedded flash memory
- 8 GB DDR3L memory
- 17 GB/s memory bandwidth
- 4× HD‑SDI input (SMPTE‑292M)
- 4× HD‑SDI output (SMPTE‑292M)
- 2× HDMI output
- 2× USB 2.0 interface
- 4× UART interfaces
- 2× 10/100/1000 Ethernet up to USB 2.0 speeds (480 Mbps each)
- Alternate board configuration available with non-transparent bridge, PCIe x2 Gen2
- Embedded Linux environment
- Conduction-cooled or air-cooled
- High level of ruggedization
- MIL-STD-810, IPC 6012 Class-3
- ‑40° to +85°C operating temperature
- 40g, 11ms shock
- 0.2g²/Hz@ 5 - 2000Hz vibration
- VPX 3U form factor: 160×100mm
- Supported VPX configurations:
- VPX REDI (ANSI/VITA 48.x)
- OpenVPX (ANSI/VITA 65)
Open the VPX3U-FGX-TK1-DUAL datasheet - includes block diagram, order codes, etc.